It amazes me what assumptions people have made about me down through the years as a working medium. Some think that I can see, know and do everything.
A client I had many years ago, who came for a private reading, told me about the picture she had of me before coming to see me. She said:
– I had built this big picture about you Terry. I expected to come into the room and there you would be like a guru dressed in white, a person that would answer all my questions, but when I entered the room you and saw you, you looked just like my husband! I was shocked. She was later to become a student, and how we used to laugh at this reaction.
I remember another special private consultation with a client. During the consultation certain members of her family came through that she recognized, but I detected that something was wrong, because there was a look of confusion on her face. So I asked her:
– Is something wrong?
– I recognize who they all are, but they are dead!
Even though I had given her information about what a medium does prior to the sitting beginning and how I am used as a channel, she had not fully realized what kind of consultation she would receive, but she walked away with a smile on her face.
Sometimes people can be so funny in their reactions, but the most important thing is, it gives me a wonderful opportunity to laugh at myself. There are many stories that I could tell. I recall the occasion when I was giving a private consultation and a female spirit contact was coming through bringing with her a very strong maternal feeling. She gave me more information, but I made a mistake and thought it was the woman’s mother, so I said:
– I have got your mother here from spirit.
To which she replied:
– I hope not, she is waiting for me in your waiting room.
She started to laugh and said:
– I had better go out and check if she is still with us.
We laughed so much. Of course her mother had not passed to the other side. She was still sitting in the waiting room – alive and well. I shall never forget that story; it always brings a smile to my face.